Author Topic: Colon cancer-Causes,Symptoms  (Read 2695 times)

kzxy

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 7
  • Discuss your health problems here
    • View Profile
Colon cancer-Causes,Symptoms
« on: October 16, 2012, 12:09:24 PM »
Colon cancer is a disease in which malignant cells are located in the middle and longest portion of the intestine.
Causes:
-Age. Most cases of colon cancer in patients older than 50 years.
-Diet. Colon cancer appears to be associated with diets rich in fats and low in fiber..
-Heredity. In cancer of the colon plays an important role in the family inheritance, since there is a possibility that is transmitted hereditarily and predisposes the person to suffer from the disease. However, this cancer can be detected and treated at an early stage.
-Medical history. It has been shown that those who are more prone to this disease are people who have or have had: polyps (benign growth) of the colon or rectum, ulcerative colitis (inflammation or ulceration of the colon) cancer as breast, uterus or ovary.
-Lifestyle. Certain factors may depend on the lifestyle that predispose to colon cancer, for example, obesity, sedentary lifestyle and smoking.

Symptoms of Colon Cancer:

Colon cancer has a long evolution. Begins with the formation of a polyp (bump that forms a membrane with body) which are benign. The most common complaints are in the advanced stage of the disease and may be:
-Changes in bowel habits.
-Diarrhea or feeling full belly.
-Constipation.
-Blood in the stool.
-Changes in stool consistency.
-Abdominal pain or discomfort.
-Weight loss without apparent cause.
-Loss of appetite.
-Constant tiredness.
-Vomiting.

kunjala

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 8
  • Discuss your health problems here
    • View Profile
Re: Colon cancer-Causes,Symptoms
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 06:47:30 PM »
I heard there are different types of bowel cancer??
What are the types of bowel cancer??

chery1234

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 133
  • Discuss your health problems here
    • View Profile
Re: Colon cancer-Causes,Symptoms
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 08:49:08 PM »
Does it matter the age? of the person.

jackleni

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 7
  • Discuss your health problems here
    • View Profile
Re: Colon cancer-Causes,Symptoms
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 09:22:51 PM »
yes it matters the age of a person..

There are five main types of small bowel cancer:

Adenocarcinoma:- Adenocarcinoma is the most common type of small bowel cancer, usually occurring in the duodenum or jejunum. Adenocarcinoma begins in the gland cells of the small bowel.

Sarcoma:- Small bowel sarcoma is generally a leiomyosarcoma (a tumor that arises in the muscle tissue that makes up part of the intestine) and most often occurs in the ileum.

Gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST):- It is an uncommon tumor that is believed to start in cells found in the walls of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract, called interstitial cells of Cajal (ICC). It belongs to a group of cancers called soft tissue sarcomas.

Carcinoid tumor:- Carcinoid tumors are classified as neuroendocrine tumors (tumors that originate in the hormone-producing cells of various organs) and generally occur in the ileum.

Lymphoma:- Lymphoma is a cancer of the lymph system, which is part of the body’s immune system. Lymphoma that occurs in the small bowel usually occurs in the jejunum or ileum and is most commonly non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 09:27:18 PM by jackleni »

anginaberryz

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 20
  • Discuss your health problems here
    • View Profile
Re: Colon cancer-Causes,Symptoms
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 12:27:31 PM »
Hi,
    The symptoms of colon cancer are fatigue,weakness,shortness of breath,constipation,diarrhea,bloating,constipation,cramp,abdomen pain,problem in bowel movement,lack of interest,dark red blood in stool,excessive weight loss or gain etc.

teragold

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 28
  • Discuss your health problems here
    • View Profile
Re: Colon cancer-Causes,Symptoms
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 08:33:15 AM »
In cancer of the colon plays an important role in the family inheritance, since there is a possibility that is transmitted hereditarily and predisposes the person to suffer from the disease.
It is my firm I am confident


oxin

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 15
  • Discuss your health problems here
    • View Profile
Re: Colon cancer-Causes,Symptoms
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 12:57:23 AM »
Hereditary is only 15% chance we can cut down the 15% by following a good ,healthy habits.by following this we can earn the other 85% life span also.
1) Avoiding fried and fatty foods.
2)Include fruits and vegetables everyday
3)Maintain a good weight and do health check ups at every 6 months.
4)Quit smoking,avoid soda etc
5)Exercise daily.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 12:59:36 AM by oxin »